NinjaOne Release (5.7)
Our latest Release (5.7) includes a raft of new features across the platform that will help save time, offer more flexibility, and generally make your IT day go more smoothly. Here are some of the highlights.
More Flexible Patching
- We’ve added a new Patching feature that gives admins the ability to install patches older than a certain number of days to help mitigate potential risks if there is a faulty patch. And they also now can auto-approve patches older than a defined number of days, so they don’t have to keep track of patch release dates and manually approve patches themselves.
Expanded Device Search
- With 5.7 customers will be able to add up to five software titles in the Device Search columns to more easily find all devices that have specific software apps and versions installed.
Multiple User Roles Assignment
- With this release, users can be assigned multiple roles allowing for more flexibility in the permissions and access they can be allowed.
New Backup Features
Once again, NinjaOne Backup has several new features and enhancements including:
- The ability to search for individual files or folders within a backup restore.
- A new Revision Date column in the Restore Browser so technicians can quickly scan and see the last time a file was backed up.
- An option to restore the latest deleted revision if a file was inadvertently deleted.
- We’ve removed all limitations on what files or folders can be backed up.
- We’ve added the ability to exclude common folders like “Downloads” or “Documents” from backups, and customers can now exclude removable disks from backups.
Persistent Ticketing Timers
- With this feature techs can add multiple ticket timers that will continue running after a browser restart to more accurately track ticket resolution durations. Timers are stored in local storage for the browser.
New Documentation Features
- Apps & Services documents now appear in Recent Items making it easier to return to stored documents quickly. Also with this release, Documentation is expanding CLI support to enable up to 200,000 characters in the WYSIWYG Fields, greatly expanding document customizability.
As always, most of these features are the result of the terrific feedback and suggestions we receive from our customers!